Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do I navigate your tabs?

I know if your looking at my tabs you're probably wondering WTF right? What are all these shorthanded abbreviations (Question: Why is abbreviation a long word when it means to shorten?) It's the only way I could make my menu stay pretty. :) Here is the break down though...

  • About- You should know what this is. :)
  • PNR/UF- Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy
  • Chick Lit- Self explanatory
  • Contemp- Contemporary Fiction
  • SciFi/Fant- Science Fiction and Fantasy and Steampunk
  • NonFic-Non fiction This pretty much has all the boring things.
  • Dystop- Dystopian. I'm not sure this is an actual genre, but I made it into one on my site.
  • HistFic- Historical fiction. It will probably be rare to see me reading this. just saying.
  • Hor- Horror. Get your mind out of the gutter people. >:P
  • Thril/Mys- Thriller and Mystery. 
If you click on the actual tab itself (and not a sub menu) it will take you to a page that describes in better detail what the genre is about. It will provide more details like what authors write in that genre, what are some books in that genre, and more.

The books I've read will be put into categories I see best that they fit into, so something that you may think is a thriller maybe a horror to me. I'll try and go by what other book sites say as well, but just know that if you can't find it in one it maybe another. With that being said they could just as well cross over into more than one category. It could be a Dystopian with Zombies which then could be put under Dystopian and/or horror. You just never know.

Enjoy and if you have any questions leave me a comment.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment